Tuesday 13 July 2010

Trouble Sleeping

Trouble Sleeping

I can’t sleep
Cause I’m thinking bout you
Bout before and us two
How it was before and the things you said
Going round and round in circles
Inside my head
Making it impossible to go to bed

Keep thinking bout the words
Like vomit to my ears
Telling me it was all a mistake
Your empty goodbye
Only emphasised the heartache
Thinking back to days earlier
Wishing only I knew what I know now
Then I coulda made the clean break

All I can think about
Are the words I never got to say
Forget them all in your presence
And now I remember since you walked away
Trying to comprehend your words
That now continues to plague
Me, my body ever single day
Wanted to ask how you feel now
Wondering how you’re doing and if you ever think of me?
If there’s anything you’d change
Like you should have broken it properly

I wonder if you have trouble sleeping
Just like me
Whether or not you also struggle to breathe
Cause the way you left has led to me to believe
That I meant nothing; leaving me with endless tears
And I feel if that’s not your notion
Then you should clear it up promptly

Cause I can’t sleep
With these questions running through my mind
Heads working overtime
I know friendship could never work with you and I
Only gonna see you as my guy
And to see you with another will make me cry
Cause its not about whether it was good or bad
Or whether ending was right or wrong
It was about the principle of being with someone for so long
That you part with them on good terms
With respect and love
And not leave them with heartburns.

KLN

No comments:

Post a Comment