Sunday 11 July 2010

Now That You’re Gone

Now That You’re Gone

I hate seeing you everywhere I go
Everywhere I turn
Can’t you just leave me alone?
I let you in and now you’re on my skin
My walls and my bed linen
You’re on my heart and I can’t believe this is it
And I try to swallow it whilst I sit

Had you for so long and now don’t know where to go
I’m straggling between the lines
Of missing you and I should have left before so
I’ve become numb to everything
And I count down the days since we last spoke
When you left me on my doorstep
And broke everything piece by piece

I try to put you to the back of my mind
But you still creep into my head
And every morning I wake and it’s working overtime
Cause I’m trying to make sense of it all
And put a year of you in a box under my bed
Forget you in 11 days along with everything you ever said
Cause it just all seems like lies
Even the way you said goodbye

And I wonder if you sat and thought about me
If you feel the way I have
If you even care, if you’ve even felt bad
Questioned your decision or thought if only we had
Worked a little harder or if you had opened up
If you could have been honest or mentioned love
Taken your time to cherish what you had in your arms
And regret all of your harm

Cause one moment I will hate you
The next I’ll miss
Then I’ll remind my self of the list
Where you tried to break me down
But now your everywhere I walk
And it’s such a struggle to pull myself back
From the heartache you brought.

KLN 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment