Sunday 12 December 2010

Plight

Plight

I’m always feeling like I’m falling
Expecting someone to see
And for them to repeat it to me so I don’t forget
Constantly reminding me I’m not good enough

And every time I pick myself back up
Dust of my shoulders and feel like I’m getting myself
Back on track
You see me fall again
And here we go again

Because I feel I always come second in this race
And no matter how hard I push
I just can’t seem to gain first place
And again I’m unimportant and my efforts are replaced

Replaced with how I fell
Not who I am, or how hard I try
But replaced with what’s outside
And I fall, fall into a hole so deep inside
That all I see is black
I sit and cry

I sit and cry
Till I get back up and dust of my shoulders
Start to feel like I’m climbing back up to the light
Till you start to muffle my light
And here we go again
Your voice is always the beginning of my plight

KLN 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment