Tuesday 14 December 2010

(Near Six Months) Sober

It’s been a long time coming
And I’m only near two third there
It gets hard, then it gets easier
But I know the sun will finally get here
And you better steer clear

Cause I been near 6 months clean
Sober, stone cold turkey
Getting to that place where you can no longer hurt me
One day I’ll reach that place
Where I won’t want to rip your heart out
And punch you in the face
But for right now I’m sober
And learning my own space

You where a drug impossible to get off
No matter the repercussions
I stayed for the effects
Wore you like a trophy as you did to me
I want a man and you wanted a plastic Barbie
Still an achievement in my eyes
And you? Hardly

It’s harder since you been gone
Better undoubtedly as you hurting games are done
Was easier to double up of you
Than face the reality that to myself I was untrue
I was never a yes girl you desired
Life became too complicated
And still my arm I tied; to dose back up
To keep crying was easier than giving up

But now I’m near six months sober
And darlin, I’m getting over, so dayam over
Over the coud-have-been’s
Over your needle sticking into me
Over my heart that never ceased to bleed
And soon I’ll be over the repercussions to my ego
Cause I deserve the best, if only I had known.

KLN 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment