Monday 1 March 2010

It Shouldn’t Be This Easy


when you actually think about it..............

It Shouldn’t Be This Easy

It shouldn’t be this easy to break away
Surely there should be obstacles
Tracks, or something getting in our way
Surely fate has other plans for you and I?
Cause it shouldn’t be this simple to break from my guy

I always thought love would overrule our head
In my dreams this was the case
And In reality I always chose my head instead
And I thought when the time came
It would be impossible, and I’d never have the need to
Break away

And now the time is here
And its simple clean cut
As long as the heart steers clear
But surely it shouldn’t be this easy to break free
I had dreamt you all my life; you were gonna be my baby
But the reality of life has made me naive
As I imagine how easy it is to pack and leave


Loves supposed to be forever
Like the story’s in Disney
Sposed to wake me from sleepy
And live forever after happy
Love is supposed to be complicated
In the fact you’re unable to leave
But why is it so simple
That I can even do it figuratively

Shouldn’t you be holding me back,
Begging me to stay?
Trying to convince me by saying
‘Your life will never be the same’
That there’s nothing that compare to us?
Cause though I know love isn’t a dream
Baby, it just shouldn’t be this easy to leave.

Katie Liane 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment