Thursday 21 January 2010

If This Is Love...


So i haven't written in what seems like FOREVER. probably because it was all about how love/cupid(? lol) had forgotten about me and i was a sick of men etc etc lol but that has all changed now. and i just wrote this and thought I'd post it (like usual).......enjoy.



If This Is Love…

I don’t know if how I feel about you is right
And I can’t plan the rest of my life
But I know without you I’d hide in the dark
Because you have been my light

I don’t know where we’ll be in a year’s time
Let alone two
So for now all I can do is write a love song for you
Because I don’t know what love is
If this is it at all
And then if it is, I don’t ever want to let go
Because this love has been hard enough to find
And to let go of it is to forget precious time

What I do know is it hasn’t always been this right
The turbulence was strong before we hit our stride
And now we can taste the fruits of our flight
Knowing that someday you are going to leave
And waking mornings you’ll no longer be within sight
But a piece left in my heart along with memories of our life
And that’ll do for later, but now I’m enjoying our height

And if this is love, even with expiration
Then I will love you with all my heart
With no hesitation
Watch the sun rise and fall with you
Allow myself to fall for you
And know that you are my first
But you’ll never be the last
Yet the only man I have ever
Truly let touch my heart.

Katie Liane 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment