Thursday 14 January 2010

drag queens & polaroids


So basically its 1.01am and i'm absolutely nackered. assessment couldnt come any quicker. the tutors weren't joking that this year (3rd year) would fly by so damn fast....They forgot to mention there would be a lack of sleep involved. last term i took the time to go to bed before 12am but so far has been unsucessful this term with the run up to the crunch.

All i really wanna do is have one day to just chillax, spend the day in my pj's and watch chick flicks. or even just to cuddle up in the arms of my boyfriend and just lay there and talk. we could even watch martin. i dont love it, but i love it that he finds it soooooo damn funny and i'm still dont get the humour, wondering whats sooooo damn funny lol. maybe its an american thing? lol

and i still have to write my dissertation, and i'm upset that i didnt give myself enough time to research properly, constantly trying to avoid it because i dislike reading so much. and i constantly blame that on my dyslexia, however i feel thats more me telling myself that i can't do it, 'the shrink says i'm crap at it, so its true'. wrong attutitude. in truth i feel it takes sooo much energy outta me cause i miss read lines and then they get all confuzzled and then an age to read. bleh.

and finally, i havent written a poem in FOREVER. i cant wait till i have the time to write, i think this is the first time i've gone this long without writing. sure i get my lil dry spells of no inspiration that could last for a month or two, but this long? damn. my brain must be confizzled with design, and pictures of drag queens and square foots lol.

and now off to sleep, it seems to be getting harder everyday this week to get up with all these late nights.

love x

and p.s. above is one of the coolest drag images i could find in my quest for a a drag cabaret poster i'm doing. i'm sure one day i'll get round to posting my work. and also fill in about one of the 2nd years on my course trying to steal last years d&ad winners work along with another designers work. she obviously underestermated us (use that loosely as i didnt find it! haha) 3rd years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment